[Bioperl-l] OT : Re: reading and writing GFF3

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Sat Jun 17 20:21:37 UTC 2006

On Jun 17, 2006, at 11:20 AM, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> Maybe we need to get together again and thrash out a strategy; or a
> BOF at the GMOD meeting? I feel this does need a core group of people
> who care, hash out a strategy that will also solve the backwards
> compatibility problem with the current Bio::SeqFeatureI state-of-
> limbo, and allow us to implement the decisions with a few people in a
> concentrated effort. This will then also remove the only real large
> stumbling block towards a 1.6 release.

That would be fantastic!

A bit OT, but if plans are afoot for a 1.6 release maybe the 'core
group' that meets at NC could start drawing up a list of ideas/plans
towards that release, even if it is still a ways off.  A roadmap of
sorts so the community knows where to put forth the majority of their
effort and focus.

Chris

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher