[Bioperl-l] reading and writing GFF3

Scott Cain cain at cshl.edu
Fri Jun 16 19:55:31 UTC 2006

Um, yeah, good question.  The reason I didn't answer you when you wrote
before is that I was hoping for divine inspiration for an answer (or for
somebody else to answer, which would have been really great :-)

The short answer (and easy one for me to type) is that you will probably
need an ad hoc method to do it, which is the same thing I do when I need
to convert gff2 to gff3, to make sure the things I need mapped get
mapped the 'right' way (that is, the way I want them to go).  I don't
have any sample code that does this, but if you want to start working up
an ad hoc method, I will certainly try to help you as much as I can.

Scott