[Bioperl-l] NCBI BLAST results parsing

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 8 13:12:23 UTC 2006

I would say, based on previous responses, update to the latest CVS
(bioperl-live).  You could also try updating
Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast.pm and Bio::SearchIO::blast.pm if you
don't want to update the entire toolkit.  Running these with BLAST
2.2.14 output seems to work fine.

Though this is the likely fix, if you have additional problems next
time please make sure to include more information.  We have no idea
what OS, bioperl version, perl version you are running.  And a code
snippet and bug description would be nice (i.e. "it doesn't work" -
not a good description; "the script freezes" is a little more
informative).

Chris