[Bioperl-l] How to submit new module?

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 1 21:47:11 UTC 2006

The Bioperl FAQ on the wiki answers this:

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/FAQ#I.27ve_got_an_idea_for_a_module_how_do_I_con
tribute_it.3F

Basically, you've already done the first step, but you might want to
resubmit the email in a different form, with something about "New parsers
for TargetP, TandemRepeatFinder and RepeatMasker" in the Subject line to get
more input about those from the users-at-large.

BTW, there is already a Bio::Tools::RepeatMasker, so you should check it out
to make sure there isn't any redundancy between your version and the
bioperl-live version.  The developers may be reluctant to replace the
bioperl-live version with yours to prevent API problems with end users,
unless you provide some serious justification (like the current one is
broken, not complete, etc).

Chris