[Bioperl-l] http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Bptutorial.pl

Sendu Bala sb at mrc-dunn.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jun 1 16:57:27 UTC 2006

Chris Fields wrote:
> Sounds good to me.  I guess the tutorial (post-stripping)would be moved to
> /scripts or /examples then?
>
> Also, what do we do about similar situation with other docs moved to the
> wiki (INSTALL, INSTALL.WIN, etc)?  Should we have a placeholder file in the
> distribution pointing out the wiki docs instead?

Imho, something like an installation document should be there in full so
once you've downloaded you can install without reference to anything
else. Also, an installation document could be considered specific to the
release version. Which is to say, it never goes out of date even if new
versions of bioperl are released with new installation instructions - it
applies to the installation directory it is found in.

The wiki can have the latest installation instructions, and you don't
have to worry about keeping things synced.