[Bioperl-l] Bio::*Taxonomy* changes

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Thu Jul 27 13:31:54 UTC 2006

Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> So overall I think you should just go ahead.

One last suggestion for discussion:

It may be appropriate is to rename Bio::Taxonomy::Node to clarify that
Node has no particular reliance on or association with Bio::Taxonomy or
the other modules in Bio/Taxonomy/.

How about calling it Bio::Taxon?

It is more obvious what to expect from something called 'Bio::Taxon'
when you know that it is the new 'Bio::Species': like Bio::Species but
for any taxon. It also makes the class 'top-level' which I think most
people are happier using; seems like things in sub-directories are more
for advanced users.