[Bioperl-l] checkout_all fails on biodata

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Wed Jul 5 13:41:27 UTC 2006

The idea was once that Bioperl, Biojava, etc had all those unit tests
that use specific sample data which take up quite a bit of space.
Unifying the largely redundant test data into a single shared
repository would save quite a bit of space and therefore download/
update time for people who work on/use more than one Bio* project.

However, this was never fully implemented AFAIK. I.e., you don't need
biodata. I guess it could be removed from the alias since it's not
integrated anyway.

Any other opinions?

I also forwarded your report to root-l as I couldn't find the
offending (stale) lock file.

	-hilmar