[Bioperl-l] parse Blast Output and Composition Based Statisticsparameter

Hubert Prielinger hubert.prielinger at gmx.at
Tue Jan 17 17:09:46 EST 2006

Hello Barry,
Thanks, but I have already solved it, as I have respondet to Jason, the
parameter doesn't work with yes or no, anymore, because after contacting
the NCBI
helpdesk, they figured out that you have to use '0' or '1', because they
have recently changed it
like:
$Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast::HEADER{'COMPOSITION_BASED_STATISTICS'} = '1';

with me, it didn't work with 'yes' or  'no'

regards
Hubert

PS: orginal response mail by NCBI helpdesk:

Hello,

I'm sorry, this has recently changed. Instead of "Yes", try using either
'0' '1' or '2', where:

'0' = No Composition-based statistics
'1' = Conditional compositional score matrix adjustment (apply only to
'biased' sequences)
'2' = Universal compositional score matrix adjustment (apply to all).

This works with the URLAPI; I've not tested with the perl module.

Best regards,
Wayne