[Bioperl-l] GFF feature start and end points on reverse strand

James Allen julioallen at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 28 13:22:14 UTC 2006

Hello,
I'm retrieving data using the 'features' method of Bio::DB::GFF, and when
the feature is on the reverse strand (ie = -1) the start and end points are
flipped, so that 'feature->end' is the smaller number (ie what I consider
the start point) and 'feature->start' is the larger number.
Is there anyway to prevent this behaviour, so that the start value of my
feature is the same as the start value in my database, regardless of the
strand?

Thanks,
Julio