[Bioperl-l] Bio::Graphics off by one?

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 22 16:45:00 UTC 2006

Scott Cain wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I took the example code you posted a few days ago and added a few
> motifs, one that goes from 1 to 10, and one that goes from 35 to 44 (the
> last residue), which results in the attached graphic.

Yes, that's the same sort of graphic I'm getting.

> As Lincoln pointed it, the features are drawn from the beginning (1 and
> 35), and through the last residue (up to but not touching 11 and 45).
> So the space between 35 and 36 corresponds to residue 35.

But there is no residue 45!  So there should be no number 45 anywhere on
the picture.

I think the problem is that the tick strip is displaying numbers for the
ticks instead of the intervals. The intervals are what corresponds to
users' models of physical reality and my graphics need to match that.

 > That's the way it works.

I guess I'll have to experiment and patch until it does what I want
then, if nobody knows how to do it.

Cheers, Dave