[Bioperl-l] needle parser in bioperl?

neeti somaiya neetisomaiya at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 08:02:37 UTC 2006

How do I run needle specifying that I want the MSF format, on a linux box?
The help doesnt show me any format option. Is there anything available to
pasre MSF format?
Please find an example alignment file attached. Here the seq_of_contig
aligns with the reference sequence (i.e. SEQ_1.REF) starting at position
(coordinate) 8918 of SEQ_1.REF. I basically want this coordinate from the
output alignment, how can I parse the result to get this?