[Bioperl-l] SearchIO speed up

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Fri Aug 18 06:50:47 UTC 2006

Hilmar Lapp wrote:
> I wouldn't do any of this. It is at best unexpected code with
> expected behavior, and from there it only gets worse. I don't see why
> the loss of standard constructor implementation and behavior is worth
> a speed-up of less than several fold.
[...]
> I.e., if you talk about drastic architecture changes you are no
> longer talking about Bioperl as we know it ("1.x").

Well, we come back to my original question in this thread. When can we
consider the priority list item resolved? Is it resolved when we've sped
it up as much as possible without doing anything drastic ('resolved
fixed')? Or is it only resolved when we've done everything we can think
of to speed it up, even drastic things? In the later case, do we just
leave it 'verified' until some possible Bioperl 2.0, or do we instead
just say 'resolved wontfix'?