[Bioperl-l] PAML + Codeml problem..

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Mon Aug 14 22:22:55 UTC 2006

Brian,

Would having a custom codon table work?  Since TGA->'U' requires a nearby
SECIS element, theoretically a gene could have one 'TGA' codon that codes
for 'U' (nearby SECIS element) and another 'TGA' codon that codes for the
actual stop (no SECIS element).

I don't think there is a way to have position-specific TGA->U based on
user-input either (a flag, perhaps).  That's the only work-around for it I
can think of.

Chris