[Bioperl-l] SearchIO speed up

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Mon Aug 14 14:35:36 UTC 2006

Don't complicate things more than they need to, please. The
experimental branch should be solely for things for which you aren't
sure whether they are going to work at all, and for API changes for
which the consequences across the board may be significant and
difficult to fully anticipate (e.g. the late-breaking and still
haunting SeqFeatureI changes before 1.5.0 should have gone on an
experimental branch first to see how they will behave).

It should never be a requirement to merge commits from the main trunk
to an experimental branch (or commit twice for developers).

Quite frankly the changes Sendu described for me wouldn't have
warranted an experimental branch, they didn't sound like changing API
signature or API behavior.

	-hilmar