[Bioperl-l] Database Retrieval

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 8 16:53:28 UTC 2006

Sounds good.  I guess first things first.  We should get the basic
UCSC DB backend up and running first, then implement RandomAccessI
for simple sequence retrieval.  I'll try getting interfaces for
Location, Refs, others along the way, which can be implemented as
needed.  This will be pretty simple

So, we'll probably have something along the lines of

Bio::DB::RandomAccessI - Bio::SeqI retrieval interface
Bio::DB::LocationI - Bio::LocationI retrieval interface
Bio::DB::ReferenceI - Bio::Annotation::Reference (or similar)
retrieval interface
Bio::DB::ClusterI - Bio::ClusterI retrieval interface (SNP)
....and so on

Should Sean get an CVS account or should we just pass everything via
a proxy, Sendu maybe?  Might be easier to give him CVS access so
Sendu can focus on Taxonomy, I can focus on the interfaces and
getting through my benchwork (?!?), and Hilmar can focus on $job.

Chris