[Bioperl-l] a stupid question

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Thu Sep 29 10:35:03 EDT 2005

On 9/28/05 12:06 AM, "xuying" <xuying at sibs.ac.cn> wrote:

> Hi Rayn:
> I have many files containing GeneIDs (entrezgene uid) such as the attached
> file. And I want to extract the full gene sequence from NCBI, not just CDS.
> But you script should be helpful. Would you like to share your code here?
> Thanks!

If I were you, I would just go to:

http://www.ensembl.org/Multi/martview

Then, choose your organism and database (probably ensembl 33).  Click
"next".  Part way down the next page, you will see a box called "GENE".  In
this box, click "ID list limit" check box.  Paste in your gene id list.
Then click "next".  Select "Sequences" from the attribute page drop-down.
Then, select the type of sequence you want.  Then, you can click "export" to
get your sequences in fasta format.

Hope this helps.

Sean