[Bioperl-l] RemoteBlast by Bio::Perl Through proxy

CHANDAN SINGH chandan.kr.singh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 19:20:22 EDT 2005

Hi Sachin

if u have found the solution to ur prob , u can escape reading henceforth.
It seems setting the env variable containig login and password does not
work with LWP , still u can try setting it as
http://login:pass@server:port <http://login:pass@server/>
but i dont think it will work .

I am going to ask u to try something similar to what i had done for the
proxy
earlier . I know messing up with the modules is not a good idea and even
Jason
had expressed his dislike to my previous solution because of it but i dont
think
using Bio::Perl leaves another option . If u can use
Remoteblast.pm<http://remoteblast.pm/>directly ,
u can use objects to meet ur need .Anyway , if in the LWP::UserAgent module
u add the line

$request->proxy_authorization _basic("login" , "passwd" ) ;

in the
sub request {
after its first line , it might work .

I could not check it , as my proxy does not require authentication .
I hope it works , though i did not try it .
Do respond .
Cheers
Chandan