[Bioperl-l] need BLAT parse code

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Tue Nov 29 12:18:30 EST 2005

Neeti,

You could simply put the file in a text editor and take out the header.
Alternatively, type:

 blat

without any arguments.  You will notice that there are many options to blat,
one of which is -noHead, which suppresses the header.  Or, look at only
lines that begin with a number using a regular expression.

Ultimately, I think that it will serve you well to read a perl book, though,
as parsing a text file is an important and basic topic to grasp if you want
to use perl for data analysis.

Sean