[Bioperl-l] Failed to load tigr xml files through Bio::Seq::tigr

Kun He kun.he at yale.edu
Wed Nov 2 17:36:35 EST 2005

Dear all,

I have just tried to use the Bio::Seq::tigr module (BioPerl 1.5.1) to
import information from TIGR Rice version 3 XML format pseudochromosome
data, but it always failed on the loading (initiating) procedure.

"
use strict;
use Bio::SeqIO;

my $file=shift;

print $file,"\n";
my $io = Bio::SeqIO->new(-file => "<$file", -format => "tigr" );
"

There are a lot kinds of errors thrown out, based on different XML
files. Attached is a sample xml from tigr, who can kindly help me to try
if you  can load it by the tigr.pm module? Thanks a lot!

Kun He