[Bioperl-l] about pI prediction

Ewing, Adam D. EwingAD at hiram.edu
Wed May 18 00:31:47 EDT 2005

I'm not sure what the specific question is but Check out Bio::Tools::pICalculator for calculating isoelectric points, general syntax:

my $calc = Bio::Tools::pICalculator->new(-places => 2, -pKset => 'EMBOSS');
$calc->seq($seqobj); #$seqobj is a Bio::Seq object
my $iep = $calc->iep;

For molecular weight, I ended up running pepstats (EMBOSS) from within a script and parsing the output which is fairly straightforward.

Cheers,

Adam Ewing
Hiram Genomics Initiative
http://hgi.hiram.edu