[Bioperl-l] Bio::SeqIO::staden::read make test error

Roy Chaudhuri roy at colibase.bham.ac.uk
Mon May 16 09:28:19 EDT 2005

> Inline has a NOCLEAN option to prevent these from being emptied; try
> editing read.pm to include it, rebuild and see what happens ...

Okay, I built read.pm using the Inline CLEAN_AFTER_BUILD => 0 option,
and examined read.xs.
It looks like line 32 which causes the incompatible pointer type error
is this line:
qualarr = SvRV(qual);
(equivalent to line 199 of read.pm).

If I comment out this line, or replace it with:
qualarr = (AV*)SvRV(qual);
(copied without much comprehension from various bits of code on Google)

then the compile warning goes away, but I still get the same errors when
I make test.