[Bioperl-l] Request for advice and pointers on a project to help biologists d o simple formatting and analysis

Rex Nelson nelsonrt at iastate.edu
Tue Mar 8 18:36:57 EST 2005

Todd and Amir:

If you are running OS X there is a program
Platypus which makes applications which would be
quite suitable for simple perl/shell scripts.
The output and input options are a little limited
but to do defined little jobs it would work.  It
allows you to put scripts inside an OS X
application with or without drag and drop
ability.  I don't know about "does (amazingly)
what the biologist types in" but it would do
defined jobs by clicking or drag-n-drop.

Rex

--
Rex Nelson Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Scientist