[Bioperl-l] BLAST scores

Josh Lauricha laurichj at bioinfo.ucr.edu
Thu Jun 30 17:03:25 EDT 2005

Not really a BioPerl question, but...

I ran a bunch of blasts using the tablular output. However, I need the
score reported and it apparently doesn't do that. The reason I'm using
the tabular format is to speed parsing, since that was taking more than
half the CPU time... Anyhow, is there anyway to compute the score from
the e-value and/or bit scores? Or am I stuck rerunning all those
blasts?

Thanks

| Josh Lauricha            | Ford, you're turning    |
| laurichj at bioinfo.ucr.edu | into a penguin. Stop    |
| Bioinformatics, UCR      | it                      |
| OpenPG:                                            |
|  4E7D 0FC0 DB6C E91D 4D7B C7F3 9BE9 8740 E4DC 6184 |