[Bioperl-l] how to use bioperl to do Z-scores test

Frank Lee lifei03 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 00:25:54 EDT 2005

Hi, Sean

What I am doing now is like this:

I got a number from my data.  Say 122.     Then I generate one
thansand numbers randomly according to similar criteria, Say, (7, 19,
45,199,......................).    I wish to tell whether the result
122  is random distributed in the random dataset or it is small or
large.    And I wish to caculate the p-vlaue as a cutoff since I have
thousands of such data(set).

Can you give me some suggestions?  Thanks!

Frank