[Bioperl-l] Parsing EMBOSS::needle output

Barry Moore bmoore at genetics.utah.edu
Tue Jul 26 16:56:11 EDT 2005

Ryan-

This works for me with my own sequence files.  I don't know if your
mailer line wrapped your script, but when I copied your script I had to
fix the '-gapopen' parameter in your needle command line.  You can't
have any whitespace between the '-' and 'gapopen'.  Did you check to be
sure that /tmp/compare.needle was actually written?  If you still have
trouble, you can send along the files that your comparing, and I'll see
if they run for me.

Barry