[Bioperl-l] is the Bio::Ext::Align stuff supposed to work?

George Hartzell hartzell at kestrel.alerce.com
Tue Jul 26 14:54:23 EDT 2005

I've been playing with Bio::Tools::dpAlign, which involved installing
Bio::Ext.

Bio::Ext did a really poor job of installing itself (FreeBSD
6-{various}, perl 5.8.[67]).  I managed to mv and cp the various parts
around to where they were supposed to be.

I'm not sure if it's me, FreeBSD, or Bio::Ext.  Does it work for other
folks?  The tests all work fine, they get away with some judicious
-I../this-that-the-other, but if you copy e.g. the Align test file to
your home directory and just try to run it, it doesn't work.

In particular, the .so and .bs files didn't end up where they belong,
and I ended up with /.../Bio/Ext/Align/Align.pm instead
/.../Bio/Ext/Align.pm.

I'm sure I can figure it out and pass some patches back, just wanted
to understand who else might be seeing the problem.

g.