[Bioperl-l] Bio::Biblio - small but important changes

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Sat Jul 23 12:07:16 EDT 2005

Hi,
   I have slightly changed the Bio::Biblio modules that use SOAP to get to
the MEDLINE repository (at EBI). The changes are two - and neither of them
should have any impact on your code (because the interface of Bio::Biblio
has not been changed). Therefore, it should be enough just to update your
local copy of these modules.

   Anyway, the changes are:

   1) The default location of the MEDLINE/EBI Web Service changed. The new
one is http://www.ebi.ac.uk/openbqs/services/MedlineSRS.

   2) The Web Service API (that is hidden to most of you by the
Bio::Biblio's API) has changed in order to comply with the WSDL
specification (method overloading has been removed - that's why some
method names changed there).

   Of couse, I will be happy to hear about any problems you may (hopefully
not) meet after these changes.

   Regards,
   Martin

--
Martin Senger

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger