[Bioperl-l] bioperl-db: Searcing

Johan Viklund johan.viklund at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 08:18:35 EDT 2005

Hello again,

I've got new bioperl-db problem:

This is my context:

I've got a number of sequences in the databases (complete genomes from
refseq). I want to be able to find all the db_xrefs for a feature when
i've got GeneID or GI for that feature (prefarably this should be
returned as a Bio::SeqFeatureI compliant object).

If this isn't [currently] possible, how do I get a Bio::SeqFeatureI
object from the database?

For the record, I can do this with sql-queries and dbi, I want to know
if there's a bioperl way.
--
Johan Viklund
E-post: <johan.viklund at gmail.com>