[Bioperl-l] Bio-perl and webpages?

Paulo Almeida palmeida at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Tue Jul 19 10:31:05 EDT 2005

Hi Elena,

If you already have your scripts in Perl it would probably be best to
use the Perl CGI module, instead of php ( you can find it at
http://search.cpan.org/dist/CGI.pm/ ). You can adapt the input so it is
read from a web form and change the print commands to print html.

Incidentally, I'm not sure this is appropriate for the list, but since
I'm on the subject... I tried to adapt a script to run on the Web; I
wanted to use Taint mode but I got an error saying that something on the
Clustal module of BioPerl was using an unsafe variable:

Insecure $ENV{PATH} while running with -T switch at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4/Bio/Tools/Run/Alignment/Clustalw.pm line
556, <GEN0> line 2.

I wouldn't mind hardcoding the path of Clustal, but I couldn't figure
out a way to do it, or to untaint the variable. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
--Paulo