[Bioperl-l] Blast features added to wrong strand???

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Jul 14 09:09:45 EDT 2005

No, see something definitely weird is going on, but I am happy to accept
it may be my misuse.

To the bl2seq hits I have added the code "-report_type => 'blastn'" and
I get the same results.

The *really* weird thing is that after I have created these features, if
I write them to an EMBL file, they are annotated as being on the -1
strand e.g. complement(1..230) etc etc.  However, when I pass those very
same features to $panel->add_track, they are drawn on the + strand.

If I iterate through them and "print $feat->strand", they all say -1.
Write them out as EMBL, they say "complement(1..23) etc.  Draw them, and
they point --------------------> that way.

If I write them out as EMBL, then read them back in using Bio::SeqIO,
then pass them to $panel->add_track, they point in the right direction.
So something is getting set wrong - could it be "frame"?

????