[Bioperl-l] use cases for SeqWithQuality, please

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jul 7 05:13:45 EDT 2005

I've compared Bio::Seq::SeqWithQuality with Bio::Seq::MetaI schema and there
does not seem to be too many differences. All the functionality seems to be
there already. The main problem is that there are many different ways to call
the constructor.

There are so many ways to call it and some methods are already depreciated
that it would be better to write a replacement module than try to rewrite all
methods.

Could I ask those who use  Bio::Seq::SeqWithQuality now to send be sample code
that shows how they call this module in practise.

With that information I could write a Bio::Seq::Quality that implements
Bio::Seq::MetaI and we could depreciate Bio::Seq::SeqWithQuality.

Are you happy with that, Chad?

 -Heikki

     _/  _/  _/  Heikki Lehvaslaiho    heikki at_ebi _ac _uk
  _/  _/  _/  Cambridge, CB10 1SD, United Kingdom