[Bioperl-l] WebDBSeqI Request error (Bad protocol 'tcp')????

davhum at garvan.unsw.edu.au davhum at garvan.unsw.edu.au
Thu Jan 20 21:11:26 EST 2005

Hi bioperl-groovers,

Has anyone ever had to deal with the following error message?

MSG: WebDBSeqI Request error:
500 Can't connect to eutils.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80 (Bad protocol 'tcp')

I have traced previous threads from the archives but they appear to be
slightly different. What is confusing me the most is that the script that
leaves this error worked perfectly on my machine but not on my colleagues
new machine (running win XP). I don't understand why the "Bad protocol
'tcp'" comment is there, but the error cascades out from bioperl modules.
Is it possible I did  not install perl or bioperl correctly?. Any ideas or
suggestions would be most appreciated?

thanks in advance

David Humphreys