[Bioperl-l] Problem with parsing ENSEMBL genbank flat file with genbank2gff3. pls

Chris Mungall cjm at fruitfly.org
Tue Jan 18 11:20:15 EST 2005

OK, so it looks like EnsMart may solve Vladimir's problem by bypassing the
genbank-format files altogether

Ewan - it'd be nice to see the GFF/GTFs appear in the main ftp download
area too at some point, as well as via dynamic EnsMart download. As far as
tweaking the ensembl genbank output, I think the addition of a feature of
type 'gene', with a single location covering the maximal extent of all
mRNAs, as is fairly-standard with genbank-format files - that should do
it.

Cheers
Chris