[Bioperl-l] (no subject)

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Fri Jan 7 16:39:56 EST 2005

Hi all,

I have a bunch of protein ids, and I'm attempting to obtain the cds that
corresponds to the id.  I can locate the sequence feature in the genbank
file, however, when I make a call to  $feature->spliced_seq, I can an
error 'cannot get remote location for ... without a valid
Bio::DB::RandomAccessI database handle'.  Its line 546 of
Bio::SeqFeatureI.pm.

I suspect the problem is because in the genbank file, this particular
entry reads:

Join(AF072550.1:61..103,AF072550.1:5359..5524)

I'm wondering if the accession number is throwing the parser off.  Does
anyone have any experience with this?

Ryan