[Bioperl-l] RE: [Gmod-gbrowse] features not displaying

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Wed Feb 2 13:16:07 EST 2005

I think we really need to unify the attributes / get_tag_values,
name/seq_id/display_name Bio::SeqFeatureI,Bio::AnnotableI,
Bio::Das::SegmentI functions.  This seems to be the crux of the
problems.

If we can document what is expected can we not update the interfaces
and push the method aliases down to the primary objects.  I don't know
that we ever expected Bio::SeqFeature::Generic objects to have the
'attributes' method - is this a Das/Bioperl method naming conflict?

-jason

--
Jason Stajich
jason.stajich at duke.edu