[Bioperl-l] If you use RemoteBlast

Paulo Almeida palmeida at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Mon Aug 29 14:31:53 EDT 2005

I think it is indeed the new formatter that is being requested by
Tools::RemoteBlast, since it is the default and Tools::RemoteBlast doesn't
seem to change it (I'm using BioPerl 1.4).

There is this checkbox in Blast.cgi that controls this:

<input checked name="NEW_FORMATTER" type="checkbox">

I don't know if there are more complex ways in which the new formatter may
break the parser, but I've been using Tools::RemoteBlast and didn't notice
anything weird (my code is pretty much the same as the Synopsis).

-- Paulo