[Bioperl-l] How do I tell what version of bioperl is installed?

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Fri Aug 26 17:02:12 EDT 2005

I think the warning is extraneous and is something lincoln later
fixed in what gbrowse is parsing.  It wasn't properly detecting the
version.
you can tell by doing this for any module ( Bio::SeqIO for example)
$ perl -MBio::SeqIO -e 'print "$Bio::SeqIO::VERSION\n";'

But this is a runtime thing while MakeMaker is actually parsing the
file to try and figure out the version which doesn't quite work.
I believe he posted about a workaround and was updating the gbrowse
code to be able to handle it.

The thread starts here:
http://portal.open-bio.org/pipermail/bioperl-l/2005-August/019495.html

-jason