[Bioperl-l] [OT] ISO guide to human genomics DBs

Stefan Kirov skirov at utk.edu
Mon Aug 22 16:28:19 EDT 2005

You certainly have missed HGNC (http://www.gene.ucl.ac.uk/nomenclature/)
and HUGO in particular. By the way EntrezGene substituted LocusLink few
months ago... Affy mapping is also useful for some things. Aceview
(http://www.ncbi.nih.gov/IEB/Research/Acembly/index.html?human), MIM
(Mendelian Inheritance in Man, though it is not just human anymore...)
and GRIF (Gene Reference Into Function) are also of some relevance I
guess, though you can access these through EntrezGene. There are bunch
of others more specialized DBs out there as well, depends what you want
to do.
By the way you can search for most relationships you have mentioned
through EnsMART and BioMART or through GeneKeyDB
(genereg.ornl.gov/gkdb),  the last being developed by me so this is not
unbiased :-) ...
Stefan