[Bioperl-l] Re: GuessSeqFormat problems

Albert Vilella avilella at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 04:50:03 EDT 2005

El dl 15 de 08 del 2005 a les 18:11 -0400, en/na Jason Stajich va
escriure:

> Albert -
>

> I think the new guessing changes for phylip are causing havoc.   Lots
> of tests are failing t/GuessSeqFeature.t.  Can you take a look?

Uops, sorry about that.

I was trying to make the match for phylip more generic in $lineno=2. In
my case it was returning an unexistent Bio::AlignIO::pir.

I have fixed it and now passes all the tests.

> I was looking over this module - it seems like we probably want to run
> the tests in a particular order as some matches are ambiguous and we
> probably need to have preferred order. At least we'll know when
> something fails, what the order.

As I understand from the DESCRIPTION, the more lines one checks, the
better is determined, isn't it?

Maybe it would help to add more line checks in some of the formats, that
are loosely constricted in their first lines.