[Bioperl-l] Re: Bio::DB::Query

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Wed Apr 20 14:01:50 EDT 2005

Carito,

the Bio::DB::Query is bioperl-db, not biojava or java for that matter,
so if this is what you're trying to use then email to the bioperl
(bioperl-l at bioperl.org) list, or for schema-related and SQL questions
the biosql (biosql-l at open-bio.org) list.

Bio::DB::Query::BioQuery will map classes to tables for you. There's no
really good HowTo document yet; there's plenty of examples though in
the respective test script t/query.t.

I don't understand your goal in modifying load_seqdatabase.pl, so
unless you elaborate on what you're trying to achieve I can't help you.

As for SQL queries and your example, you don't need bioperl-db to issue
SQL queries against biosql - just use your favorite SQL shell for your
RDBMS of choice (mysql for MySQL, psql for PostgreSQL, etc) and type in
queries there. Bioperl-db is not meant to replace or provide a SQL
shell functionality.

If this doesn't help you will need to be more specific on what you're
trying to achieve.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org