[Bioperl-l] single NHX treefile from two phylip files

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Fri Apr 8 15:51:02 EDT 2005

I'm assuming they have the same topology.  You just need to figure out
how to match internal nodes up between the trees.

I do this with the get_lca() method.
Walk up one tree (with distances) and find the internal nodes (those
which aren't leaves) and then get all the tips beneath it (grep {
$_->is_Leaf} $node->get_all_Descendents). Then find the LCA for these
nodes in the OTHER tree.   now you have found the same internal node in
the other tree, get the bootstrap accordingly and copy to the first
tree.

I'll get around to adding these advanced examples to the howto at some
point....

-jason

--
Jason Stajich