[Bioperl-l] IMAGE clones

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Wed Sep 15 06:50:54 EDT 2004

Just a quick (not entirely bioperl-related) question...

I have a microarray design that is described in terms of IMAGE clones.
I am interested in getting the sequences for these clones.  However, I
can't seem to find a resource for doing so directly (is there one?).  I
do see that several genbank accessions can be associated with the same
IMAGE clone, so I could get all such genbanks associated with each
clone and use those as surrogates, ultimately for use in blast
analyses.  How can I construct a query (or can I) that pulls these
genbanks by clone id, or is someone aware of a reliable mapping from
image clone to genbank accession?

Thanks,
Sean