[Bioperl-l] Bioperl core 1.4 make error: line too long

Derek Gatherer d.gatherer at vir.gla.ac.uk
Thu Oct 7 07:01:32 EDT 2004

The answer appears to be to use gnumake instead of make, as previously
suggested:
http://bioperl.org/pipermail/bioperl-l/2002-August/009034.html.  The
gnumake I have is GNU Make version 3.75-gnupro-98r2 which seems to be adequate.

Another suggestion, make -i, didn't work for me.  ExtUtils::MakeMaker
6.21_03 is also apparently insufficient to correct the problem with make
-i.  However, I installed ExtUtils::MakeMaker before I tried gnumake so it
is possible that this module is required for gnumake to work.

Then it's

gnumake check
gnumake install

and so on