[Bioperl-l] Divide and Assemble

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Wed Nov 17 04:19:24 EST 2004

Hi

I want to take a sequence, divide it up into smaller pieces, run various
algorithms on it that create sequence features on those smaller pieces,
and then re-assemble the smaller pieces (with the newly created features
on them) into the original, large sequence.  I'm going to try and do
this in BioPerl.

My question is how do I transfer a sequence feature, and all it's
co-ordinates, from one sequence to another?  Is it as simple as
modifying the start and end and just using add_SeqFeature()?

Mick