[Bioperl-l] BioPerl installation for SGI

Waibhav Tembe waibhav at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 17:11:20 EST 2004

Hello,

I am not an expert in Makefiles etc. So any help will be apprciated.

I downloaded BioPerl.gz file and after untarring it ran

perl Makefile.PL

as mentioned in the docs. I have IRIX64 on SGI with perl version 5.004
_05 for irix_n32. The installation gave the following error:

Not enough arguments for mkdir at Makefile.PL line 119, near "$dest_dir) "
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 273.

How do I fix this?

I was successful in installing and running BioPerl on my Linux machine
w/o any problems.

Thanks to all!!