[Bioperl-l] Problems installing GD

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 5 12:18:52 EST 2004

I think you have version problems in the underlying headers and
libraries. Check carefully that all the packages are correctly installed
and consistent. synaptic is quite good for that.

Barry Moore wrote:
> I'm installing on an Intel box running Debian GNU/Linux 2.4

Do you mean the kernel is a 2.4 kernel?
What release of Debian are you running? woody/stable, sarge/testing, sid?

> libgd version 2.0.33

Where did you get this from? It doesn't appear to be a standard Debian
package. I believe you need a libgd2 package, not libgd, and the
versions for that are here:
http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=libgd2&searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all
which don't match what you have.

I use woody and ended up patching it all by hand outside of apt. A real
nightmare.

Cheers, Dave