[Bioperl-l] mis-match position in HSP

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Wed Nov 3 08:22:47 EST 2004

Try the seq_inds method -- it allows you to get the positions where
certain characters are matches, gaps,mismatches.

I can't remember if they are returned in sequence coordinates or HSP
coordinates, I think the latter though.  You can use
Bio::Coordinate::Utils to do coordinate mapping from one system to
another based on an alignment.

-jason