[Bioperl-l] BioPerl on Linux....

James Thompson tex at biosysadmin.com
Tue Nov 2 01:08:57 EST 2004

Peter,

It sounds like something went seriously wrong in your attempted installation,
here's what my /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Bio directory has 41 files
in it.

I wouldn't worry to much about uninstalling, just repeat the installation and
it should overwrite all of the old modules. Bioperl does depend on a few external
modules, so try installing Bundle::BioPerl to grab the external dependencies.

One thing that you should try is downloading the tarball (or grabbing it from
your ~/.cpan/sources directory), unzipping it, running make and then make test.
Look at what tests fail, then send e-mail to the list. That extra information
will allow us to help you better.

Best of luck. :)

James Thompson