[Bioperl-l] BLASTX parsing

Paulo Almeida paulo.david at netvisao.pt
Mon May 31 10:13:23 EDT 2004

Hi,

You probably have a line in your script that is something like:

while (my $hit = $result->next_hit){

If you use 'if' instead of 'while', you only get the first hit. HSPs
work the same way.
Other people will know how to answer your second question better, but I
think SearchIO probably works with plain text, not html.

-Paulo Almeida