[Bioperl-l] parsing BLASTX

Brian Osborne brian_osborne at cognia.com
Thu May 20 07:54:37 EDT 2004

Javier,

Yes, you should write your own script. Bioperl is really more of a “toolbox”
for writing scripts than a collection of scripts, although you can check out
the available scripts at http://bioperl.org/Core/Latest/bioscripts.html
(“bioscripts.pod”). Use that first script in the HOWTO - all you need to do
is add a “#!/bin/perl” line at the top of your script, use the correct name
for your BLASTX file instead of “report.bls”, and you should have a working
script. You must have Perl and Bioperl installed, forgive me for stating the
obvious.

Brian O.